- What is the largest giant sequoia?
- The General Sherman tree in Sequoia National Park in California is 52,500+ cubic feet in volume. That makes it the largest tree on earth.
- What is the tallest giant sequoia?
- A tree in the Redwood Mountain Grove, Kings Canyon National Park is reported to be 93 metres tall!!!!! Also a tree of the same height is reported in the South Calaveras Grove in Big Trees State Park.
- What is the largest diameter trunk of a giant sequoia?
- The General Grant tree of Kings Canyon National Park is commonly believed to have the largest diameter trunk of 12 metres. .
- What is the oldest giant sequoia?
- It is impossible to determine on a living tree. One sequoia that fell down was around 3200 years old when it died.
- How big does a giant sequoia get?
- The largest sequoia is the General Sherman Tree. The General Sherman is 83 metres tall, has a circumference of 31 metres, and a diameter of 9 metres.
- If you want to learn more, you can visit the Sequoia National Park in the United States, that is the place where lots of sequoias live: SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
PLANTS: What are sequoias?
If you want to learn more about these trees, please, read this information.